Breast cancer presents the first in incidence rate in women, so it should always be carried out to an early diagnosis allows for a less aggressive treatment. This has evolved dramatically becoming the best results in terms of survival, so that the reconstruction is becoming more of a necessity and a challenge for plastic surgery.
- Lumpectomy: removal of the tumor
- Quadrantectomy: resection of the breast quadrant where the tumor
- Subcutaneous mastectomy: removal of the gland
- Mastectomy simple: resection of the prostate and skin around the areola, is called also modified radical mastectomy.
- Radical mastectomy is also withdrawn the pectoral muscle.
The treatment of breast disease sequelae which are, in summary:
- No gland, dystrophy, atrophy.
- Loss of skin, areola and nipple removed, extensive scar transverse, oblique or vertical.
- Depression armpit level resulting from the removal of pectoral muscle, skin sticks to the ribs.
- Lymphedema of the arm for axillary dissection.
- Radiation dermatitis, skin necrosis due to radiotherapy
METHODS OF BREAST RECONSTRUCTION
Breast reconstruction aims to create a new volume, and if necessary, areola, nipple or correct the depression in the armpit.
- Methods of breast reconstruction:
- Expansion + prosthesis
- Local tissues: abdominal stretch upward, contralateral (opposite)
- Musculo-cutaneous flap: rectus abdominis or latissimus dorsi
- Methods of reconstruction of the areola:
- Inner thigh
- Nipple reconstruction methods:
- Lifting the skin of the areola, local flap
- Dermal graft, lip mucosa over the vulva.
Surgical Time: 1 to 3 hours.
Hospitalization: 1 to 2 days.
Recovery: Working after 5 to 7 days.
Surgical Time: 1 to 2 hours.
Anesthesia: Local + Sedation.
Hospitalization: 1 day.
Recovery: Working after 5 days. Physical exercise after 1 month.
Duration of Results: Permanent.